William W. Brown - President and Chief Executive Officer
William Brown began his career with Ben Hur Construction working summers in Ben Hur's St. Louis warehouse in 1967. After completing his enlistment with the United States Marine Corps, he attended college while working for Ben Hur as an Ironworker and Project Engineer. He graduated from the University of Missouri - St. Louis with a B.S. in Business Administration in 1976. After graduation, he worked on several projects throughout the midwest as an Ironworker and superintendent before becoming a project manager. In 1983 he moved to the corporate headquarters for Ben Hur Construction as Vice President, and was elected President and Chief Operating Officer in 1987. In 1997 Bill was elected President and Chief Executive Officer of Ben Hur Construction.
Industry & Community Service:
- Management co-chair, Ironworker Management Progressive Action Cooperative Trust (IMPACT) - Washington D.C.
- Trustee, National Ironworkers and Employers Appreticeship Training and Journeyman Upgrading Fund - Washington, D.C.
- Board of Overseers, Lindenwood University - St. Charles, Missouri.
- Board of Directors, Enterprise Bank & Trust - St. Louis, Missouri.
- Community Board, BJC Hospitals - St. Charles, Missouri.
- Former Committee Chairman and National Director, Manpower and Training Committee - Associated General Contractors of America.
- Appointed by President George H. W. Bush as Vice Chairman of the Federal Committee on Apprenticeship.
- Appointed by the former Secretary of Labor Robert Reich to co-chair OSHA's negotiated rulemaking committee.
- Member Ironworkers Local Union #396 - St. Louis, Missouri.
Thomas Schmidt - Vice President of Financing and Chief Financial Officer
Tom has worked as the Chief Financial Officer of the companies for fifteen years. Tom graduated from McKendree University with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting and Business Administration. He is a licensed CPA and prior to joining Ben Hur, Tom worked in public accounting for thirteen years. His public accounting experience was mostly with closely held private companies. Tom is also a past officer and board member of the St. Louis Chapter of Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA). His continuous involvement with CFMA and attendance at CFMA’s Annual Conference, the AICPA’s National Construction Industry conferences and the AGC’s / CFMA’s CFO conferences provide the tools to keep Ben Hur on the leading edge of accounting, tax, management and technology issues of the construction industry.
John Vogt - Vice President Steel Construction and Steel Fabrication Division Manager
John is a 1987 graduate of University of Missouri – Rolla with a Civil Engineering degree. He has been employed with Ben Hur Construction for 22 years. John started as a Project Engineer for Ben Hur in 1987. He has managed projects in Tennessee, Ohio, Kansas, Kentucky, Illinois and Missouri. He is currently the manager of the steel erection, precast erection, and specialty services in the Western Division. John has also been the Vice President of Ben Hur Steel Worx since its inception in 2004.
Randy Boettler - Vice President General Construction Division Manager
Mark Douglas - Vice President Steel Construction Division Manager Mark started with Ben Hur Construction in 1982 as a project engineer and later became a project manager. In 1992 he relocated to Cincinnati and became Vice President and Division Manager. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from Purdue University. Mark is actively involved with a number of industry organizations including:
- Allied Construction Industries - Board Member
- Steel Erectors, Fabricators and Riggers Association – Chairman
- Ironworking Contractors Allied Partnership – Trustee
- Ironworkers District Council of Southern Ohio Trust Funds – Trustee and Co-Chair
- IMPACT Trust Fund The Association of Union Construction (TAUC)
Scott Bullerdick - Steel Construction Division Manager
Scott Bullerdick started his career as an Ironworker, joining Local #22 in 1989. He completed the Ironworker Apprentice program in 1992. He has completed both the Osha 10 hour and 30 hour programs. He also completed the AGC’s Advanced Management Program in 2008. He sits on the IMPACT Regional Advisory Board III as a Employer Representative. Scott came to work for Ben Hur Construction Company in January of 1996 as an Ironworker Foreman at the Chrysler Foundry in Indianapolis, IN. Scott advanced from Foreman to General Foreman to Superintendent before being promoted to Project Manager in 2001. Scott has been the Central Division Manager for Ben Hur Construction Company since 2007.